Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Uneventful Week

It was 116 degrees today! I thought it seemed a little bit warmer when we went in the pool to do our 40 minute exercise routine. I sure don't mind it, but hey, we are in the house the rest of the time. Isn't air conditioning wonderful? Sue would have hated it for sure. She can't stand it here when it is only 80 degrees. When she does come here, we turn down the air conditioner to about 74 and she is still too hot. But whenever go up there, I freeze.

We will be going north to Sue's for Christmas. Every other holiday we go up there for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. The other times, we go to Huntington Beach to our daughter, Nancy's. I guess we will keep doing this as long as I am able. One year I was sick at Christmas and we had to stay at home and it was awful having to spend it without family. I never want to do that again!

I am geting so tan! I have never been this tan before in my whole life. I look like a foreigner or something. I will have to post a picture of me before I lose it. However, I do think I will stay this way for awhile longer. Our weather doesn't start to cool off until October. We will be going in the pool every day for exercise until it is too cool for me. I don't dare get chilled as then I get asthma.

I promised myself that I would make my posts lots shorter. I can't believe how long they have been. I tend to ramble a bit. Our week has been pretty uneventful......just trying to rest up from out Tahoe trip. I'm catching up on all my reading, back to my kindle. I'll soon have to have Sue transfer some more books over to mine as I'm about to run out. I prefer reading books than magazines, so the ones I have just pile up. I'm almost to the bottom of them too. I should be reading my scriptures more also. Once I start a book, I want to finish it quickly. Maybe that's not a good thing. I will say though, that I won't let myself start until after dinner at night.

There I go rambling again. I'm going to say goodnight...........I'll be off to bed earlier tonight. For some reason, I am really sleepy. Take care all.................My love

Darlene

6 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene! I'm jealous of your tan..usually I'm a bit darker than I am this year. I just haven't been swimming or doing much in the sun except mowing our property! I feel bad that I didn't send my chicken recipe so tomorrow I will email it to you and also the spag. sauce recipe I used. If you email me your address I will send out some jam to you! Just cause you're so sweet and cute! P.S..if for some reason I forget to send the recipes, forgive me! I will really, really try to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been able to get a little tan this summer too, now that I work from home. I'm jealous of your pool exercising. That sounds so wonderful! I haven't been able to do much this past week as my RA has flared up in my ankle and it's all swollen. Walking just makes it worse. I've been doing a few situps but that's about it. Augh - its so frustrating!
    Lucky you - you rated some recipes from Yaya AND some jam! Let me know when you open the jam. I'll come have some on toast with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, am I glad I'm not in Palm Desert right now! You guys are roasting over there...(and you probably love it, right?)

    I'm glad you are feeling well enough to do your pool exercises, and I'd like to see a pic of you with your dark tan!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't let myself read my book til after dinner also...otherwise I will get lost in it and accomplish nothing that day.

    Yes please do show a picture of your tan. You must have lots of Vitamin D going through your body. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I love your writing so ramble on. lol
    Seriously you don't ramble...ramble is what I have been doing for months now. Nothing going on here but trouble and who wants to read about my troubles all the time. hahaha
    Please do show off your tan and make me even more jealoous. Oh how fun to swim everyday but no way could I handle 116. I thought I would shrivel up and die the other day when it was 109 here.
    I looked like that sausage I burned for my I supper.
    See when you start showing burned supper's you need a life. lol
    Tonight I have a guest on my site so you will enjoy her story.
    Let me know when I can get you to do a story for me too. I hate to ask since your back gives you so much trouble but when your feeling good please let all my friends get to know you.
    They will love you as I do.
    My brothers are on their way over here to play dominoes and I need to write and read tonight not play games. Oh well I need to see them too.
    Have a great week
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. 116 degrees sounds awful! No real danger of a tan here this summer, tho when the sun does shine we dash outside and turn our pale faces up to it!

    ReplyDelete