Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Grandson Chris

This is my handsome Grandson, Chris Cathey. He is the youngest son of my oldest daughter, Nancy. Chris is the one who just got married. He and two of his brothers are firemen/paramedics.


This is Chris and Amanda, the lovely girl he married. She is a very sweet girl and our whole family likes her a lot. We think they are going to be very happy together.


The two of them are pictured here at their engagement party. It was held in the hills above Corona and it was a very windy day. The tent they are shown in blew over when most of us were seated.




Dick and me. We were supposed to come dressed in Western Wear, but this is as close as we got. Dick in a hat somebody loaned him and me in a bandana. I think I did wear jeans.


I am getting to kiss the handsome groom to be. This was taken at the "rehearsal dinner" the night before they were married. Nancy and Charles hosted this affair, and it wasn't just for the wedding party. There were over a hundred there and the restuarant they love closed just for this evening so we could have our private party. It was a long drawn out affair and I was totally exhaused before the evening was over.

The bride and groom are cutting their wedding cake. What a lavish dinner this was. It was held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Garden Grove and there were 250 people there. The most delicious filet mignon is what we chose and believe me, it was a good choice. Unfortunately Dick wasn't in the picture taking mode as he doesn't like to take photos anyway. There were so many people taking pictures and he didn't want to fight the crowds. I think we will have to depend on some other family members to get prints of theirs. It will give you an idea though.


Sorry I didn't get one single picture of me in my new suit, but I think I looked pretty good. One of these weekends I'll get Dick to take one of me when I come back from church.


I want to say, too, that I am so happy that so many of you tried my chicken stew and everyone liked it but Jill, who said it was a little bit too hot for their tastes. It's funny, but I didn't think it was hot at all, but those of you who don't like hot spicey foods (Im one of those people, by the way) might want to use just a fourth of a spoon, or none at all.........no red pepper flakes!


I'm still feeling dizzy and in fact have been quite nauseous today. Darn, I'm sure this will be my new normal.


Take care all of you.................I don't know what is going on about all these follower problems that everyone is worried about, all I can say is that I don't want to lose any of you. If I do, I will just stop blogging.











10 comments:

  1. What a weekend you had! How very wonderful that you got to attend even in spite of your dizziness. Which by the way, I am so sorry that is still hanging on. I wish it would just go away and leave you alone.

    Since you were in the hills above Corona, you were close to where my husband use to live. He's actually from Corona so he knows all that area well. He's familiar with Garden Grove too.

    As far as the chicken stew, I think it was the red pepper flakes I used because I could tell it would have been great without them. I need to find the ones you use. I'm going to make it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Chris decked out in his gear. I can see the look of Nancy in him, can you?

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your update on the wedding events. It looked like a lovely evening and your grandson and new granddaughter look so happy. I really would like to see a picture of you in your new dress; that is a must. I loved the pictures that were taken. I too have a husband that doesn't like to take pictures much.I have a small little camera that I take with me and the pictures aren't too bad.
    You get better soon; I am worried about you. You will be in my prayers.
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene, I'm so sorry that you are still feeling dizzy and nauseous. I hope that you have seen a doctor about this. I'm worried about you.

    The bride and the groom looks like such a beautiful couple. It must have been a spectacular wedding.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your new outfit that you got especially for the wedding. Now that the wedding is over with, I hope that you can rest easy for a while.

    I haven't tried the chicken stew yet but I'll keep the recipe.

    Take care. Hugs. JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome young man! He and his beautiful bride look very happy. It sounds like a great time and wonderful food. I'll look forward to seeing you in your new outfit. I'm sorry you're still having dizzy problems. It has to be very frustrating. I sure hope you don't quit blogging. I'd find a way to keep in touch no matter what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Darlene, the temperature wasn't 85 here but the snow was melting today and I thought that it was warm for February. We are having a mild February this year. There were a few really bitter cold days but we have nothing to complain about.

    Yeah, I feel so sorry for you that your temperature is going down to 70. hehe. When it's hot we want cool and when it's cool we want warm. Have a blessed and safe week. Hugs. JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice time you all must have had at the wedding! I know what you mean, though - my youngest son's wedding 2 years ago was a 2 day long drawn out affair, and I just wanted a huge nap when it was all over. Your hair looked really really pretty at the rehearsal dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An American wedding is no mean affair :-)
    With such a nice couple taking centre stage it just had to be a success! Not to mention the grooms handsome grandparents. I'm sure they where the life and soul of the party :-)

    Actually, one of my daughters got married in the US two years ago, but both of the live in Norway It seems to be "in" to get married as far away from home as possible. The whole family had to be catered over, but it was a huge success.

    PS Thank you for the comments. These must be the nicest comments I have ever had :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene first let me say this I hope and pray you don't stop blogging. I really look forward to coming over and visiting with you and I love it when you leave me comments so lets get the idea out of our heads about not blogging. lol
    Your grandson is so Handsome and his new bride is beautiful.
    They really do compliment each other and they look so happy together. Congrats on their big wedding.
    Love your pictures especially when you and Dick are in them.
    I bet you did look gorgeous for the wedding. You look great hear in a bandanna ...haha
    Your so beautiful inside and out. I just love you to pieces.
    The girl I wrote my post about that murder her husband and father-in-law did it for insurance money. Can't believe that people are so crazy that they murder for money. She involved her first ex husband by confiding in him about what she was going to do and for hiding the rifle in his trailer house.
    I included the site where you can read about her but it is a very very long story so you may not want to bother with it.
    Been mowing all afternoon so my back is hurting. I am getting off of here after I catch up with you.
    I have to find you why your dizzy. I hope that this is not going to be the way things are for you like you mentioned here. I want you feeling good my friend
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a very handsome grandson. I like learning more about you and your family. You all feel like wonderful mates to me. Hope you find out what is causing the dizziness and get better soon.

    ReplyDelete