Tuesday, January 24, 2012

4th Tuesday

At least this week I have something positive to write about. I am truly feeling a whole lot better! I'm almost back to normal.

We actually started taking our Christmas down today. I think we may have about half of the Santas boxed and ready to put back into storage for another year. Why does the house look so barren? We will finish the Santas tomorrow and do the tree the following days, and I do mean days! We are going to take our time with this as it took forever to get it all up and decorated and I'm sure it will take at least that long to put it all away. It's getting closer though.......hurray!

The next big thrust is our grandson, Chris's wedding. It will be February 18. I have absolutely no idea what to wear. I hope I don't have to go shopping as that is torturous for me these days. I can remember when I loved to shop! My, how things have changed. That's why I don't do it, unless I actually have to. I hope we get lots of pictures so that I can post some. He is such a sweetheart and we love Amanda, his fiance, too. That will be one more down and eight to go. The last two are too young though, but the other six really should find someone and settle down. I want lots more great grandchildren before I die.

I'll have to show you some pictures of one of my grandsons, Jordan, who will be graduating from NYU this year. It hardly seems possible, especially when he looks SO YOUNG.

This was taken last month. He looks like he should be in High School. He never reads my blog so I can say that. He would be very offended if he read this.

Another recent picture. At least he is all bundled up as it gets very cold back there.

Here he is with his older brother, Tyler, whom I will write about in another blog, and his dad in the middle.

Jordan and his dad, Perry, at a basketball game, getting in a little father and son time.

He is trying to look older by wearing a beard. He is shown here with his long time girl friend, Amy, whom we all love. She was with us at Sue's for Christmas. I'm sure they will marry as soon as Jordan gets settled, doing his thing in Hollywood. He has been majoring in film and wants to be a writer/director. He was chosen to make a short movie at NYU and was given quite a bit of funding from the University, but not all it will take, so he has been raising money and I think he just about has enough. He wrote it and will produce and direct it. He will be very successful I'm sure, because he is at the top of his class and has never gotten anything but an A all through school . He has been around film making all his life. His dad is a production designer who does all of Adam Sandler's movies. He has done a few others too, without Adam, but is pretty well type cast for the crazy movies that teens like. Jordan has worked with his dad a lot.

I've decided to write a bit about each of my grandchildren on the 4th Tuesday of each month. That will give me something to write about other than myself.

9 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family sweet Darlene. There will be a day when Jordan will be thankful for that handsome youthful look. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a post Darlene. I love hearing about your family and all the photos are great! He's a very handsome young man. You have a family full of surprises and talents! I wish him luck in his career. Have fun finishing up the "undecorating" week and I'm so glad you're feeling better. Have a good week and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, Darlene! It's fun to learn a little bit more about your family. I remember Sue talking about this nephew a little bit. What a pretty girl he's dating! I'm glad you're feeling better, and here's hoping you don't have to go to the dreaded mall to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, it's nice to read your blog on this cold day. I'm so glad that you are feeling better.

    Taking your good old time putting away your Christmas decorations is a good idea. I enjoy reminiscing about the ornaments that my kids and grandkids gave me along the years when I put them back lovingly in their boxes.

    Another wedding on the horizon for you to look forward to and I must say your grandson is handsome.

    Stay safe and warm. Hugs. JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. That creative gene sure runs rampant in your family. Jordan sounds like he has a very bright future ahead, not only with his schooling but learning the trade, so to speak, from his Dad.

    Chris' wedding is the same day at my nephew's! Also, the same day as my granddaughter Violet's first birthday. It's going to be a busy day for all of us :)

    So glad you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Around here we have a saying that "Christmas last until Easter", so you could still have kept your Christmas decorations :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely idea, Darlene. I'll look forward to reading about your family. Everyone looks so happy together in these photos. Best wishes to Jordan in his chosen career.

      Delete
  7. What a handsome grandson you have. I look forward to learning more about your family. Best wishes for Jordan. And someone really should tell him to read your blog! It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete